Sunday, December 04, 2005

Castle Rock Bar and Grille -- for breakfast

It was a beautiful day right after Thanksgiving and I'm meeting Brock and Megan for a Saturday morning breakfast--I haven't eaten breakfast out in months, but looking for a house and living in such temporary digs get me out and about much earlier than normal.

Anyway, the perfect looking breakfast place is lined up out the door, so we find our way to the one other open restaurant on main street. It's a bar and it's rather dark, but they serve breakfast so we eat.

The first bizarre thing is that the bartender requires a name for the "tab". We are one table out of maybe three full in the whole place. Since it's required by the computer (damn computers) I give him my name, but why not make something up? I ordered a normal breakfast sandwich with egg and cheese. Very good. Brock and Megan decide to split the breakfast burrito at the encouragement of the bartender. The thing is huge--each half pretty much fills up a full size plate.

All in all. This is not a great breakfast atmosphere (or really a great bar either), but the food was cheap and good. I'd go back in a pinch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home