Friday, December 09, 2005

Brix

What: inaugural meeting of Din Din...Denver's hippest new social network (read: me and Ric/k squared)
Where: Brix, Cherry Creek
When: 7:30 p.m., Friday, December 9--if you're reading this you already missed it.

Details:
For me, this was like a little bit of L.A., seeking out comfortable places in the midst of overdone class (that's me making broad, sweeping generalizations about CC since I can't afford to live there and really in all honesty don't know where to go). Then again, it might not have felt like L.A. at all except for the guy who walked in wearing plastic white-rimmed sunglasses.

Food:
Delish.....we had the Duck Flauta as an appetizer, at the parting bequest of our very nice, but very drunk acquaintence in the waiting booths. Served with super-fresh avocado, a light chili sauce (flavorful but not spicy) and topped with a light diced tomato. We were fighting over the last bites.

I had the blackened salmon (which was black just on the very outside but not in a way that overwhelmed the dinner). It was served on top of "dirty rice" which I learned meant rice with beans and semi-smothered with a paprika butter sauce. Topped with asparagus. I enjoyed every bite.

R1 had the pork tenderloin--the bite I tried was very good. R2 had chicken panini. Luckily the restaurant provisioned A1 sauce or I think my entire experience would have been in some way tarnished (just meeting the Rs this evening I can only imagine how).

This place has a very cozy atmosphere. Water is served out of wine bottles that are left on your table. And the real wine is reasonably priced. All in all, a great little dining experience. Worth trying. I will go back to try the "gourmet" hot dog just because I must figure out what this means and I don't believe the waiter when he shook is head with a slight bit of disgust when I questioned him about it.

Din Din Rule #1: You must be willing to share a taste of your dish with those at your table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home