Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Luna Hotel

What a place for a company holiday party...man was the food good.

In addition to the free-flowing wine, I started out with a ceaser salad. As the waiter promised, this was not a typical ceaser salad so I was happy to try it. Full leafs of romain lettuce were sort of tied together with a thin cruton. You had to break it all up to create the salad. A little messy for such a fancy place but since so many people at my table ordered the same salad and made a mess, I didn't feel uncomfortable.

Next up, the cheese. The cheddar bacon was amazing (and I don't typically like bacon flavored things). This was anything but bacon-flavored, it was reall bacon and it didn't overwhelm the cheese. I mostly indulged in the swiss because it was right in front of me. I dabbled in the blue cheese which was surprisingly mild and encouraged a second and maybe even third try (at this point, the wine has started to take it's effect).

Then, the entree. Filet mignon turned prime rib was amazingly flavorful even though I got someone else's well done (I go for medium rare). Although slightly sad, I indulged in the garlic whipped potatoes and asparagus. I've never had potatoes that were so creamy.

Finally dessert. I was so full even without really eating my steak that I dipped a few apples and pretzels in the white chocolate, dark chocolate, and milk chocolate pans. Dark chocolate definitely ruled the day but it was in a far off corner. The white chocolate did me well.

If only my white elephant gift (a book of famous people drawn smally) could have half lived up to the expectations set by such a wonderful meal...that I wasn't paying for. All the better. Live long and prosper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home