Friday, December 30, 2005

Lola

The second meeting of Denver's Din Din and I am now the only member to be at all (i.e. both) gatherings. Starting out in the completely wrong place (14th and Colfax instead of 1439 SOUTH Pearl Street) I was about ready to give up when I got a call from Brie. She couldn't find the place either. We were both in the wrong place and she asked me to wait for her. I waited on the corner. Big mistake. If I'd been wearing my boots I'm sure I wouldn't have fared quite so well when those two very nice young men asked me if I was looking at them (I wasn't and I promptly sce-dattled away).

Anyway, we found our spot and Jenya, bless her heart, had waited the necessary 35 minutes for a table so we sat right down. The guacamole made at your table was everything it was made out to be. It can't possibly be more fresh than when you watch the person carve the avocado right in front of you and add all the spices in and mix it all up. Surprisingly, the chips left a little to be desired, but the guac more than compensated.

Everyone's dinner had so many flavors you couldn't possibly absorb them in one bite. Brie had the blackened salmon special with an interesting tangy green sauce. Jenya had the mussels and shrimp with a wonderful cream sauce. I had the red snapper with an apricot walnut sauce. On the side was a mini sandwich made out of a vegi tortilla bread (forget the spanish name) with peppers, asparagus, green beans, leeks, and more crammed in with such proportion that it looked like the mouth on one of those strange creatures on that show with the muppets that live under ground--I don't remember the name but either you know what I'm talking about or you don't.

Everyone's meal was good. I liked mine the best. The dessert menu was served in a picture frame which was very cute. A little pricyso enjoy with caution: $33 total, including tax and tip.

Din Din Rule #2: Don't be afraid to call and ask the restaurant for directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home