Sunday, April 22, 2007

Toast in Littleton

I have been wanting to check this place out for months, but since it's only open from the hours of 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. I often missed the cut-off point. Yesterday afternoon after a late night up working, I was ready for a 1 p.m. breakfast with the comfort of reading and writing for a bit so I stopped by. I was expecting a family-friendly diner. This place had the atmosphere but was going for some sort of gourmet standard in food, at least by the standard set by it's prices. $9 for an omelet (actually $10 because I got 4 ingredients instead of 3) and it really was very good but nothing too special. You order at the counter and pour your own coffee so it feels more like a bagel shop that a gourmet breakfast. Still, I had the experience I was looking for, albeit at a slightly higher cost and more self-serving than intended. Nothing really lost except for the hope of a beautiful little find near the heart of Littleton which was remarkably shattered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home