Friday, January 06, 2006

Anthony's

Stuck in my yucky rented condo room all day because of the flu but afraid to venture too far away as hey, I was recovering from the flu, I headed up to some restaurants on Dartmouth in my soon-to-be-past-hometown of Aurora. Anthony's was full around 8 p.m. so I went to the bar next store. Menu was all fried food--great for recovering from a hang over but not from wrenching stomach pain that was just starting to turn into hunger. Had a quick beer (yeah, I'm crazy) and headed back next store. Empty at 8:45.

I ordered the veal parmesan pasta--very reminiscent of mom's home-cooking and it actually lived up to the charge. Fried veal patty, sliced and layered on top of pasta with marina sauce. The whole plate doused with a healthy portion of cheese. I had a side salad with the freshest tomatoes I've seen in Denver so far (only been here since November remember). Unfortunately the salad had absolutely huge pieces of lettuce and all of that white bitter stuff in the middle. Still, the tomatoes, a health portion of cheese, pepperoni, and homemade tasty ranch more than made up for the less than stellar lettuce. Who eats a salad for the greens anyway?

I was surprised by the combination of helpful service and a laid back atmosphere. One guy was folding boxes while watching the basketball game. The girl in charge had her boyfriend there yet was always right on top of things and doing clean-up as well.

Overall a great little place to grab a bite to eat. Total came to $12--with a plastic cup of Chianti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home