Friday, January 06, 2006

Platte Canyon Bar and Grille

This is my soon-to-be corner bar (or within-a-few-miles bar). I've been here twice and both times on beautiful days. It is half outdoors and has L.A.-style heat lamps hanging from the ceiling, meaning that you can stay outside comfortably longer than you otherwise would. Cheap beer, TVs with the game (whatever the game might be), and kick ass veggie enchiladas that held me up through new years eve. They came with healthy portions of guac, salsa, and sour cream. Veggies were mushrooms and green/red peppers--just my style. I always leave here feeling slightly happier than when I came in....a little bit like Cheers... or maybe the beers are just stronger or 22 instead of 20 ounces. I have yet to figure it out and am in absolutely no hurry to do so.

2 Comments:

Blogger ipoel said...

Hey just came across ur LA restaurant's website while searching about restaurant's blog. Too bad u've moved, I found out that ur LA blog is useful for me.. i love to try new restaurant and def. love sushi

5:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

So glad it's been useful to someone!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home